The 10 Principles of Prosperity
Understanding the 10 principles of prosperity and applying them to
your life are the first steps in your recovery from addiction.
1. If God’s against it, so am I.
• Galatians 5:19-24
2. Every sin has its origin in your heart.
• Jeremiah 17:9; Proverbs 4:23; Romans 13:14
3. It is easier to keep the heart clean than it is to clean it after it has
• Proverbs 22:3; Proverbs 6:27-28
4. You cannot fight a fleshly appetite by indulging in it.
• Ecclesiastes 5:10; James 1:14-15
5. Small compromises lead to great disasters.
• Luke 16:10; Matthew 6:24; Romans 6:16
6. Those who do not love the Lord will not help us serve the Lord.
• John 5:18-20; Proverbs 25:15-16
7. Our sinful habits do hurt those who follow us.
• Romans 14:7; 1 Corinthians 10:23, 24
8. It is not possible to fight a fleshly temptation with fleshly weapons.
• II Corinthians 10:3-5; I John 4:4
9. We lose our freedom to choose when we give in to temptation.
The consequences of our choices are inevitable, incalculable, and up
• Proverbs 5:22; Proverbs 20:17; Proverbs 9:17-18
10. God balances guilt with blame. Accept the blame for your
actions, and God will remove the guilt.
• John 1:9
Coming soon to
Canaan Baptist Church
check back later for updates
working on starting the program up
in the next month or so